This privacy notice provides you with details of how I collect and process your personal data through your use of my site HarPurCreations.co.uk, including any information you may provide through my site when you purchase a product or service, sign up to our newsletter or take part in a prize draw or competition.
By providing me with your data, you warrant to me that you are over 18 years of age.
HarPur Creations is the data controller and is responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us”, ”I”, “me” or “our” in this privacy notice).
My full details are:
Full name of legal entity: HarPur Creations
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Ivy House Ripon North Yorkshire HG4 5EN
Telephone number: 07725589604
If you are not happy with any aspect of how I collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). I would be grateful if you would contact me first if you do have a complaint so that I can try to resolve it for you.
It is very important that the information I hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let me know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org OR by changing your preferences in our newsletter sign ups Unsubscribe section.
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
I may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
• Identity Data may include your first name and last name.
• Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Financial Data may include your bank account and payment card details. We do not store any card details as they are processed off site by a specialist payment gateway. Paypal is the preferred method of payment.
• Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
• Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
• Profile Data may include your purchases or orders, feedback and survey responses.
• Usage Data may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
• Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from me.
We may also process Aggregated Data from your personal data but this data does not reveal your identity and as such in itself is not personal data. An example of this is where we review your Usage Data to work out the percentage of website users using a specific feature of our site. If we link the Aggregated Data with your personal data so that you can be identified from it, then it is treated as personal data.
I do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where I am required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide me with that data when requested, I may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide me with the requested data, I may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if I do, I will notify you at the time.
3. HOW I COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
• Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on my site (or otherwise) or by communicating with me by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
• order our products or services;
• subscribe to our service or publications;
• request resources or marketing be sent to you;
• enter a competition, prize draw, promotion or survey; or
• give us feedback.
• Automated technologies or interactions: As you use our site, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns.
4. HOW I USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
• Where I need to perform the contract between us.
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, I do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by using the unsubscribe button in the marketing emails/newsletters via Mailchimp, or emailing me at email@example.com.
You will receive marketing communications from me if you have:
(i) requested information from me or purchased goods or services from me; or
(ii) if you provided me with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion or free resources; and
(iii) in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to find out more about how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please email us at email@example.com.
If we need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which we collected the data, we will notify you and we will explain the legal ground of processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above:
• Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
• Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
• HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
I will not pass on, sell or otherwise any personal data to third parties other than my legal obligations set out above.
6. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
7. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
8. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
• Request access to your personal data.
• Request correction of your personal data.
• Request erasure of your personal data.
• Object to processing of your personal data.
• Request restriction of processing your personal data.
• Request transfer of your personal data.
• Right to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.